Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Heart to Heart

I hate election day.  I especially hate the day after election day.  One side always loses and the other gloats.  It doesn't matter what party you belong to, it's true.  Don't even try to deny it, you can't.  My side lost last night, and I feel hung over.  Or better what I imagine being hung over feels like, I wouldn't know.  And now I have to deal with all my friends being quiet and the other side gloating like they won the superbowl.  It's a crappy, rainy day here. 

I think we all just need a moment to have a heart to heart.  Do I honestly think the world is going to shift because of this election?  No.  I worry about what policies are going to try to be rammed through.  Who isn't when they aren't on top?  I worry because I see who won in Florida and I know where they stand on the "gay marriage debate".  I worry because our Supreme Court Justices are getting older and it will be harder to have a court that goes in my favor if, heaven forbid, someone were to die or retire. 

Other than that?  Nothing will change.  Nothing ever changes.  Sure, a few things change here or there, but the total output is exactly the same (nothing).  Elections leave me with a feeling of excitement and a feeling of dread, at the exact same time.  It is quite an interesting feeling, to be honest.

So, election season is over for now.  I am excited to not see smear ads all over the TV at all times.  Today I am lounging lazily with my puppies inside our extremely cold house, curled up with a blanket, drinking some nice hot tea.  The world didn't end, my life is still exactly the same.

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment