Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Obligatory first post

So with every blog comes this first post.  I have stalled writing this post because who wants to do this?  Not me.  I hate talking about myself, but I feel if you are going to read my blog you must know at least a little about me.

My name is Hawk.  Obviously that is not my real first name, but it is my pen name.  A pen name I have used for as long as I can remember.  I am a happy person who loves to write, which is why I'm starting a blog.  I am a writer and I enjoy every minute of it, even when I can't seem to get words to behave.  Inside my head is a big swirl of words and thoughts and this blog is where I am hoping to be able to put them.

This blog will probably not have much of a single direction/topic.  I am rather random and find that my writing takes on my personality more often than not.  I need a place to write, and this is as good as any resource to put it all down.

I have successfully avoided talking about myself too much, but I will leave you with a few random tidbits about me that you probably won't be interesting in.  :)

-- I am a dog owner.  I have two dogs who I call my boys and they are awesome.  Probably more awesome than any other dog I know.

-- I am in a relationship with an awesome person.  That's all you need to know about that.

-- My one ultimate goal in life is to get a book published.  I have a really good novel in my writer right now and I am hoping this is the one that is going to take me from amateur writer to AUTHOR. 

-- I love to cook, and recipes may become a thing, or they may not.  I cook from scratch, local, in season, and all that jazz.  I enjoy perusing my city's farmer's market on Saturday morning, talking to the local growers, making jokes with the local butcher, and generally enjoying being connected to my surroundings.  I hate this city at times, but man do I love the agriculture and local feel.

-- I am very personal with my personal life, and very open with my public life.  I use a pen name because it is easier.  If I talk about something on here in detail, it's because I am very okay with that.  If I don't talk about something, chances are I never will.

I think this about covers that dreaded first post.  Until next time.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well see, your wish is my writing! Two days and two posts, I'm on a roll!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I understand the need to be private. That's how I am with my public persona.

    ReplyDelete