Monday, April 28, 2014

Where we eat

Life is hard sometimes.  I know, such a bullshit statement, but this has a point, I promise.  So we have been finding ourselves eating out an ungodly amount in the last few weeks.  Part of it is we really are busy right now and part of it is I'm being lazy.  I do the cooking around here and I need to step it up!

So this week we spent quite a bit of time walking around the farmer's market looking at the yummies and came to a conclusion on our menu. We bought what we needed, supplemented at the grocery store, and away we go on the wonderful world of eating every meal at home.  We like to take baby steps and appropriately this week is week one of "how many weeks can we go without eating out".  I'm afraid we won't make it out of week one, but my partner has more faith in me than that! 

Our menu this week is really boring but that is okay, it's simple and that is what matters.  The goal is to get 7 simple meals under my belt and then remember why I love the kitchen and love making time for the kitchen in hopes that I will start cooking more elaborate meals again.  I have missed the kitchen a lot, but like anything else, I just haven't been able to make myself get in there. 

So here is to getting back to basics and hopefully enjoying myself again! 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment