Monday, December 22, 2014

Patience? What patience?

So I was that kid.  Oh you know the one... the one who you can't leave unattended with presents under the tree.  The reason you have locks on closet doors.  The one who can't leave well enough alone.  Yeah that's me. 

I am not a big fan of surprises... I never have been and probably never will be.  As a child, my parents seriously thought they were pulling something by hiding Christmas presents in the top of their closet.  I was very good at pretending to be surprised, despite knowing every single thing I was going to get.  And I never minded.  I much preferred knowing what I was getting so I could prepare myself. 

Which brings me to now, as a 29 year old adult.  I am a damn adult and do you know how hard it is to not rip open the presents my partner just put under the tree for me?  I know what they are, but still, presents!  I am home, alone, all day and those gifts are taunting me.  The struggle is real. 

As I sit here, drinking a flavored malt beverage while waiting for my bourbon pork chops to come out of the oven, I can't help but wonder if I can convince my partner to let us open our gifts on Festivus instead of Christmas.  I feel that it won't work, but in my head I'm scheming ways to try to convince him that it really is okay.  I just can't keep looking at them! 

Are you a surprise person or do you prefer to know?

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment