Friday, May 23, 2014

People like this exist?

So I've been holed up in my house writing and dealing with pretty awful migraines lately.  Today I ventured out online to see what the interwebs had been up to while I was away.  And what I found was a bunch of bullshit.  People who feel the need to scream that they have it right and that other people have it wrong.  I spent my time trying to not read the comments on articles posted about gay marriage in PA, parents who have nothing better to do than track the color of their children's poop on a spreadsheet (as well as everything else about their child, quantifying them they said).  I also spent the time reading about a group of people who review Native American children's books, saw pictures of a cake someone made that offended me, and all in all just trying to decide if being back on the internet was worth it this week.

photo credit: Swiv via photopin cc
I found that crawling out of my writing bubble was not really worth it because I lost a little more faith in humanity.  I didn't really enjoy reading about people screaming that gays are "intolerant or they'd tolerate my intolerance" and not realizing the irony of their statements.  I read about people screaming that in order to be a good parent you have to document every movement of your child, when in reality that leaves you very little time to actually pay attention to their child.  I read about people screaming about how you aren't "Native" enough unless you live on a reservation or are willing to deny any other part of your heritage.  I read about people who just really don't understand that everyone is different and that's okay.  But people don't want to admit that it's okay to be different.
photo credit: Today is a good day via photopin cc

So tonight I am finishing up this post and then probably going back to my writing bubble.  I really want to have a first draft written before the end of summer.  I am loving this ability to sit down at my computer upstairs, or the laptop downstairs, and write until I'm done writing.  It's really exciting and empowering to know that I am capable of writing a story, a novel.  I will be a published author at some point in my life!  And that is exciting.


Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment