Friday, May 30, 2014

Woah busy and bathing suit ready

I'm late to the game this week on the link up because, woah, busy!  Since Sunday I haven't really been home, much less awake when home, at all.  This is busy time as everyone I know is hosting some type of cook out or get together or just general hang out time. 

But I am stopping in to do a FTSF and reading the prompt I couldn't help but laugh!  The prompt this week?  It's bathing suit season, and to prepare, I...  

I really don't do much.  Why?  I don't swim.  I mean, I can swim, and I can swim very well, but I just really don't have an interest in swimming.  My partner, on the other hand, is a freaking fish!  He grew up in Florida, so it kind of makes sense that he is such an awesome swimmer.  I, on the other hand, grew up in a land locked state, and the reality is that swimming just wasn't a big part of my life.  That, and I haven't worn shorts on purpose in 20 years so the thought of putting them on to get in water?  Yeah, not my cup of koolaid.

Now, I do find myself wanting to work out more in the summer, so I do.  My partner and I are getting ready to jump into a better routine with getting out and walking, as well as making sure we make it to the gym at least a couple days a week.

We are also trying a new diet as well.  While we don't look at diet in the tradition sense, we are trying to make sure we eat better food, and are following a mainly primal diet.  We eat very few grains and try to stick to lots and lots of vegetables and good farmer's market meats.  It's working to help us feel better, if not helping us shaving inches off our waist line.

Now I must run off because I have things to make for a cookout tomorrow and I haven't even had time to make it to the damn grocery store yet!!

And as an aside note, I am absolutely loving the new FTSF graphic!  Rainbow hair and unicorns, yes please.

Until Next Time.

Janine's Confessions of A Mommyaholic

1 comment:

  1. Ha! So glad you linked up and YES, I love the rainbow hair and unicorns, too. Please make sure to let us know how things go with the diet. I did a Clean Eating Challenge for 1 week and it was amazingly eye opening. All the best!

    ReplyDelete