Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Certain topics

Shouldn't be discussed or whatever.

Have you heard that?  "You can't talk about certain things if you want to keep friends."  This statement is a big one I hear often.  People constantly tell me "Oh, don't talk about that!  It's rude!"  And I just sit there and wonder if people really think that talking about uncomfortable subjects is really all that rude, or is it just you don't agree with my side and thus declare talking about it rude.  So, I guess this is my coming out as rude.  Why?  because there are very few topics I won't discuss and there aren't many situations where I won't discuss those topics.

I was searching for something completely different... but this works.
I am a passionate person.  I find myself being passionate about things now that I didn't even know existed when I was younger.  I am passionate and make no apologies for this.  That doesn't mean I am "not tolerant" of other people's opinions.  It just means that if I disagree with your opinion I will challenge you.  If you choose to not commit to the challenge, that is fine, and we both move on.  If you choose to commit, then I hope you are as passionate about the topic as I am, because conversing with another passionate person is awesome.


I also find myself a bit controversial in that way.  I make no apologies for my opinions and my positions on certain things.  This apparently makes me controversial in some people's view.  That is okay.  I can live with that.

I guess I look at this post as your warning that not everything here will be PC or non controversial.  And that is okay.  I want to hear your opinions, I want to hear your counter arguments, I want to hear from you on anything.  I don't do name calling, I do passionate discussion.  If you disagree with something I say, please point it out.  You only grow as a person when you are challenged on your beliefs.

Until next time.



photo credit: Dunechaser via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment