Saturday, June 7, 2014

Pride month continues...

oops, I missed yesterday and I am so sorry!  I was hoping to make it a full month, but alas, it did not happen.  I may try to post twice today to make up for that!  So on to today's post.

Today is the first Saturday of pride month, and it's a very special Saturday that I hope to one day get to participate in!  It's Gay Days at Walt Disney World!  For some reason the idea of taking my children to WDW on Gay Days makes me even more excited to have children some day in the future. 

Source
I first heard about gay days in a story I was reading several years ago, and I honestly thought the author had made up such a day.  My understand of Mr. Disney himself was that he was a homophobic, racist dickwad.  I've sense learned a bit more, but good ole Walt would not have been marching in any parade, let's just say that.  But Disney does have an "unofficial" gay day, which is the first Saturday of the month of June. 

On this day, hundreds, if not thousands of GLBT converge on the magic kingdom, many wearing red shirts in a show of solidarity, and they have fun.  A lot of people bring their children/family and the homosexual agenda is pushed forth once more.  (Oh wait, you aren't supposed to know that last part, so uhm, just forget it, okay?)

Look how far no longer hiding has taken people.  Look at how many people are willing to stand out and scream "I am not hiding anything, I am who I am" and do so at the happiest place on earth.  This is pride month people!  This is Pride.

You would think, as someone whose partner hails from Florida, that we would have gone in the years we've been together.  I mean, we've been to every other park FL can offer us, including the Potter theme park, but nope, we have never been to Disney together.  How does that even happen?!  But we will, I promise this problem will be rectified in our lifetime. 

And it will happen during gay days.


Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment