Monday, June 9, 2014

Under my skin

I try not to let a lot of things get under my skin, but today people have succeeded in getting as far under there as you can go.  And why?  Well during a performance on the Tony Awards last night, Neil Patrick Harris, dressed as Hedwig, kissed his fiance, David Burtka, during a performance of Sugar Daddy from the musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch.  It was performance art at it's finest, mixed with a little real life, and people are freaking the fuck out over it!

This is under my skin because I know so many people who refuse to even touch their partners in public for fear of backlash.  Many people I know have experienced this backlash!  And this has to stop. People should be allowed to hold hand, put their arm around each other, hell even kiss if they so feel like it!  Let's all grow up a little, okay?

This post is short, but it's brought to you by me, being seriously cranky, so it's probably best that it's short! 

Get out there a love a few more people, okay? 

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment