Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Interesting quote

Happy Tuesday!

My Partner and I are trying to start our family, and have been for quite a while.  We have had very little luck in this department for a few years now, but we haven't given up.  Kids are important to us and we want quite a few in the end.

A while ago I was watching an interview (old interview!) of David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris on Oprah's next chapter.  One of the things that was said in the interview has really stuck with me through the years and very much comforted me, and it's rather odd.  The quote was along the lines of "if you think about it, gay parents WANT their children.  They want them so much they are willing to do what they have to.." and then the person speaking got interrupted. Oprah had her AHA! Moment on that reality and it stands true.

When someone works so hard to have a child, they want that child.  They want to parent that child.

Anyway, this was my pride ramblings for today. 

Until Next Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment