Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The decision is in the courts hands

Today oral arguments for Same Sex Marriage are being heard by the Supreme Court.  and I'm nervous. 


I can't imagine the courts siding against marriage for all, but do you realize how much power is in the hands of a court that is not known for it's progressive rulings?  I am terrified that the courts will side conservatively, as they have been known to do, in order to say "well we weren't sure, and this will give us more time".  Or that they won't rule at all.

I think THIS article from USA Today breaks down a lot of the questions about what is happening today and what is being argued for.

NPR also offers a very thorough article here that has a lot of explanation.

Freedom to Marry has also started a far reaching twitter campaign.  #lovemustwin They also have an article up hitting closer to the emotional side of the marriage debate.  Found here

I am excited to see the courts take up the case, and I cannot wait until June when decisions come down.  My future is directly impacted by this ruling.  My future is directly impacted by a judge sitting in a robe making decisions.  My future is rather insecure right now and that is not a great feeling.

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment