Saturday, April 11, 2015

Why does he have a better notebook than me?!

First, can I share a little linguistically/English awesomeness I learned recently from a friend?  When you use this punctuation, ?!, it is call an interrobang.  How cool is that?  It basically symbolizes a question asked excitedly.  And it's more than appropriate for the post title.

As a writer, I covet notebooks.  I have more than I probably should, but I really really like them.  I am an "old fashioned" writer.  Basically I write mostly by hand, then transfer it to the computer later.  I love sitting down with a good pen and a beautiful notebook and taking my time to craft beautiful words on paper.  There is just something magically about that. 

So when I noticed that my partner had a better, prettier notebook than I did, I was aghast!  How could he have a better, prettier notebook than me?! (<~~ See, proper use of an interrobang.)  When I asked him, he just shrugged.  He uses his notebook to just keep a few things about work written down.  He uses it sparingly and no more than a couple words a page.  And that just makes me sad.  His notebook is absolutely beautiful and it's used for one or two words a page. 

I have decided, and my Partner completely is behind me, that I am going to go buy some beautiful new notebooks for myself.  I need that beauty to be able to actually sit down and write.  I need to make sure I am surrounded by lovely things so I can write lovely.  Even my dystopian novels need to start by me being surrounded by good things.  I will send out pictures as soon as I find something that inspires me.

What is your writing inspiration?  Do you use a notebook or are you a computer all the way person?

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment