Sunday, January 18, 2015

Why do you have so many gay posts?

So it finally happened.  I checked my email associated with this blog and there is was.  The first email asking why I had so many gay posts.  I have to admit, I am so amused by this that I have decided to dedicate a whole post to the topic. 

During June of 2014 I did a Pride month of posting.  I plan to do it again this June, and hell I may make up "Gay posting month" just to have ANOTHER month of pretty strictly gay posts.  Why?  Because I am gay.  I have posted a couple Facebook statuses that read "Did you know I'm gay?!" in a very sarcastic tone, and so now I bring that sarcasm to the blog!  YAY!

So in case there was any question, and to neatly put me in a box that works for you, I am gay.  Yeup, gay gay gay gay gay.  I am a homosexual.  And, just in case you were wondering, I make no apologies for that.  I am not sorry that I'm gay, I do not apologize for this fact of my life.  At the same time I also don't go around shouting it from the roofs.  I however do not hide it in most aspects of my life. 

So why did I do a month of posts about gay things if I don't go screaming about it from rooftops?  Because I am normal and feel that my sexuality shouldn't be a thing.  I want to be able to make posts and not have to feel like I'm doing something controversial or something secretive.  I mean, for sure, I am not going around fucking in the streets... but you would think I was based on some responses I get around here. 

For example, my partner and I don't pay separately when we go out to eat.  I know, scandalous.  We were at a chicken wing sports bar and when it was realized that we were paying together because we were more than buddies there watching a game, our waiter, rather loudly, declared us faggots as he walked away from our table.  Why?  Because we didn't have the intelligence to pay separately, so we were shoving our homosexuality down other people's throats. 

Another example?  Okay.  My partner and I hold hands in public, occasionally, when appropriate.  Which really means we don't hold hands in public when people can see us, or unless we are at something like the Pride functions we attend (mostly because we don't want to deal with assholes and it's not worth out lives to hold hands.  And yes, our lives would be in danger because the gay panic defense is still a thing).  So at the movies once, we were holding hands in the dark, after the house lights went down when the main attraction started.  It wasn't five minutes into the movie that I heard the asshole behind us start up.  "I can't believe that.  They are holding hands.  Ugh, not everyone needs to know they are gay!"  Mind you, he was bitching while cuddling the woman next to him.  Not just holding hands, no, actually had his arms around her with the middle arm rest up and her laying into his body.  But our hand holding in the dark was such an affront because we were shoving our gayness down his throat. 

Do you see the problem here?  The reason I have an entire month of gay posts is not to "shove gay down [your] throat".  It's because I am gay and that month is important to me.  Those posts aren't anything way out there.  Those posts aren't anything you need to be all that concerned about.  If you do not like my month of gay posts, that's okay.  You don't have to like them, nor do you have to read them.  Why?  Because they aren't addressing you.  Do you understand now?

I guess the answer of "Why do you have so many gay posts" is a very simple one.  I am gay.  This is my life, as boring as it is, it is petty gay, because I am gay (and boring really).  I write posts here for me, for my memories, for my own benefit.  I can't stop you from being offended by my posts, but I feel if you are offended by what I write, you would be offended by meeting me.  So why give a single fuck of bother against someone you probably wouldn't click with if they were sitting across from you?  It's okay you don't like my gay posts, but I highly doubt it has to do with my month of gay posts and more to do with just the gay aspect.  If that is you, we wouldn't be friends anyway so please, go away. 

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment