Thursday, May 7, 2015

I survived

I survived finals, and I may get an A I didn't count on.  Woohoo!

Life is moving forward at a lightening pace.  It is amazing that so much time has flown by.  I feel like a week ago I started the semester and yesterday we matched... but in reality it was over 5 months ago that my semester started and 3 months ago that we matched.  Now I am done with the semester completely and in 10 weeks we will hopefully have a baby in our hands.  Crazy times!

Today we received ultrasound pictures of the child who will hopefully become our daughter.  She's a girl (at least chromosomally)!  We are cautiously excited about the whole process.  We have been fighting tooth and nail to get as much information as we can and seeing the pictures and the video is amazing.  We are trying to avoid getting too too happy about it (failed adoptions will do that to you), but secretly we are both pretty happy. 

With hearing that the baby is a girl, we have started slowly telling people.  It's not like we have a lot of people to tell in real life... but his family, a few friends.  I am dreading the influx of pink people will buy but I have yet to figured out a tactful way of saying "Please don't drown us in pink..."  As she ages, if she loves pink then she loves pink... but I really hate needlessly gendered products and pink washing (I equally despise blue washing for boys...).  Either way, I am excited to get clothes and stuffs together.

This is the first week I've had off and I am excited to get into the nursery this week.  It has been set up for 4.5 years, but I need to get in there and do a deep cleaning.  I am excited to get everything back in order and ready for a new baby.

A baby. 


Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment